Sunday, July 17, 2011

I forgot to tell you about the new projects!


Hello again,
The blogging bug has bitten me today. I just finished a blog and here I am again.
I had to get a new door yesterday- well, new to me anyway. My back door started coming apart at the bottom and it is hard to close. I found a used door at the local Habitat for Humanity store for $40.00 - Lowe's wanted $250.00 for a door installed. Dang, it must be made of gold or something.

Any who, I found this great door (see photo) at Habitat and am giving it a face lift. I like it because my living room is sort of dark and this door has a full length glass panel so I will get lots of sunlight through it. I will have to get a new lock and deadbolt but it will still by waaaayyyyy less than the Lowe's door. I already have the glossy white paint from my last project( the other doors in the house) so, no expense there.
I'll post a photo when we get it hung and the hardware on it. Phillip is going to help me next weekend. I have to have time to paint the door and let it dry. M next project will be to find another door like this one at Habitat, I will use it for a front door so I can get light in from the other direction too!

I love fixing things up and making them useful again. I'm sure all of my family got this from our parents. They were frugal out of necessity. I have gotten to the point that I will not even buy something new until I have searched for it first at the thrift and second hand stores. It seems almost criminal not to, we waste so much stuff in our country already. I think it is a great thing to give an object a new life; most everything in my new house was purchased from a thrift store, consignment shop or the Goodwill. I find great books there all the time too! I can't imagine paying full price for something that I can find used and just spruce it up. What a waste of money not to, don't you think?
Well, hope you like my door!
Till next time,
Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment